PlayStation Plus October 2021: Hell Let Loose, Mortal Kombat X and PGA Tour 2K21

PlayStation Plus October 2021: Hell Let Loose, Mortal Kombat X and PGA Tour 2K21

PlayStation Plus October 2021

The October 2021 update brings three new titles to the PlayStation Plus catalog, starting with the multiplayer-based shooter Hell Let Loose, which debuts on PS5 directly as a free game for Sony service subscribers.

There are then the fighting game Mortal Kombat X, with its traditional ultraviolence and the rich roster of characters, and the golf simulator PGA Tour 2K21, the latest edition of the series produced by 2K Games that introduces several structural innovations.

A selection that the readers of appreciated? According to our survey, not really: 55% of users said they were not at all satisfied with the choice, 22% unsatisfied, for a total of 77% disappointed.

Hell Let Loose

Hell Let Loose, group photo in front of a tank Already available on PC, Hell Let Loose also brings its exciting multiplayer modes for one hundred players to PlayStation 5, with the possibility of selecting your character from a roster that includes fourteen classes (infantry, reconnaissance, artillery, machine gunners, tankers, etc.) and throw their heads down in the biggest battles of WWII.

Featuring nine huge and detailed maps, reproduced through satellite photos and direct visits, the title developed by Black Matter boasts a frenetic and engaging gameplay but also strategic elements that can add depth to the experience. In fact, we will have to manage the supplies on the spot, have a picture of the situation on the basis of the conquered territories and coordinate the efforts to confront the enemy in numerical superiority.

Mortal Kombat X

Mortal Kombat X, Scorpion and Sub-Zero face off in combat Mortal Kombat X is the penultimate episode of the famous fighting game series created by NetherRealm Studios and also features in this case from a solid combat system, a large roster of characters, some modes capable of enriching the experience in both single player and multiplayer and, of course, a generous dose of ultraviolence.

For many verse the chapter of the turning point on the technical and stylistic front, Mortal Kombat X marks the return of classic Kombattenti such as Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Mileena but also various new entries, new mechanics for interaction with scenarios, a not very long Story mode but engaging and extra content such as the Tower of Challenges, also available in a variant based on dynamic stipulations. The review of Mortal Kombat X.

PGA Tour 2K21

PGA Tour 2K21, one of the athletes grappling with a course The 2K Games golf simulation debuts on PlayStation Plus with the latest edition, PGA Tour 2K21. The game can count on the talent of HB Studios, the development team that had distinguished itself with the The Golf Club series and which was given the opportunity to try their hand at an officially licensed production, enriched therefore by a large number of athletes and real settings.

The result is a title with solid and well-balanced gameplay, equipped with a rather multifaceted swing system and above all with many options for customization, including a powerful editor that allows you to design your own from scratch golf course by shaping land, water and rocks on which to place the various elements, with the ability to share your creation with other players online. The PGA Tour 2K21 review.

October 2021 arrivals and departures

No longer available on PlayStation Plus from October 5th

Hitman 2 - PS4

Predator: Hunting Grounds - PS4

Overcooked! All You Can Eat - PS5

Available on PlayStation Plus October 5th

Hell Let Loose - PS5

Mortal Kombat X - PS4

PGA Tour 2K21 - PS4

Have you noticed any errors?

PS Plus Free October 2021 Games Available Now

Hell Let Loose headlines October's free PlayStation Plus games.

Credit: Team17

October’s free PlayStation Plus games go live today. PS Plus subscribers can download one PS5 title and two PS4 titles that are backward compatible on PS5.

The October lineup leaked a few days before the official announcement. The PS5 offering for October is the 50v50 WWII first-person shooter Hell Let Loose which has gotten very positive reviews on PC. I’m excited to fire this one up.

The other two titles for October 2021 are less exciting, unless you’re a diehard golf fan or never got around to playing 2015’s Mortal Kombat X. That game, along with PGA Tour 2K21 are October’s other free games.

All told, not the worst month ever thanks to Hell Let Loose, but not a super exciting month, either. Not great, not terrible, just okay. Something tells me October’s Xbox Game Pass titles will be a bit more inspired . . . .

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook. You can support my work on Patreon and sign up for my newsletter on Substack. Subscribe to my YouTube channel here.

Powered by Blogger.