PlayStation Plus, March 2021: Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Maquette, Remnant and Farpoint

PlayStation Plus, March 2021: Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Maquette, Remnant and Farpoint

PlayStation Plus, March 2021

PlayStation Plus is updated in March 2021 with four games that subscribers to the Sony service will be able to download for free, at no additional cost: a doubling compared to traditional numbers, as part of a line-up that can also count on some very famous titles.

In confirmation of the rumors of the last few days, we have in fact the debut of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, although only in the PS4 version: to get the newly announced upgrade to the Intergrade edition for PlayStation 5 you will have to pay, and the news has made many people turn up their noses.

In this update we also find the interesting first-person puzzle game Maquette, which debuts directly on PS Plus, the survival shooter Remnant: From the Ashes and the addictive shooter in virtual reality for PlayStation VR Farpoint.

Has the March selection convinced the readers of According to our survey, yes: 54% of site users said they were very satisfied with the new games, 24% quite satisfied, for a total of 78% positive feedback.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

The great classic of Square Enix published in 1997 returned last year in a completely redesigned version, divided into different parts and characterized by a much more dense and in-depth narrative, able to restore dignity and depth even to some secondary figures of the story.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is this and more, and its debut in the PS Plus line-up is certainly greeted with enthusiasm, given the caliber of the project directed by Tetsuya Nomura, which from a technical and artistic point of view puts on the table some of the most convincing things ever seen on PS4 and which, as mentioned, will make its debut on PlayStation 5 with an improved and enriched edition.

Final Fantasy VII Remake, a scene with Cloud and Aerith. Nostalgics of the original for PlayStation, as well as new users, will therefore be able to meet Cloud Strife, a former military man who offers his services to the highest bidder and who is involved in the operations of the ecoterrorist group AVALANCHE, determined to challenge the powerful corporation that controls the city of Midgar and the reactors that power it.

Between highly spectacular sequences and many twists, some of them dramatic, we will face various opponents in a renewed combat system , versatile but with options that allow you to enjoy an experience closer and more relevant to that of more than twenty years ago.


Maquette, one of the scenarios of the game. Developed by Graceful Decay, Maquette makes its debut in March directly on PlayStation Plus, although it is not yet clear whether in the PS5 edition, in the PS4 one or both. It is a puzzle-based adventure with first-person view and recursive gameplay, meaning that all the objects in the game exist in a double version: small and huge.

Probably the formula used by the game's authors is a metaphor that refers to the underlying narrative, which describes with a series of dialogues the relationship between a man and a woman (voiced respectively by Seth Gabel and Bryce Dallas Howard) and in which even small things can have a great impact on reality , or vice versa.

Remnant: From the Ashes

Remnant: From the Ashes, a forest setting of the countryside. In Remnant: From the Ashes an evil force from another dimension threatens our world, and the only way to stop it is to use portal technology to locate this entity's whereabouts, procure the necessary resources and organize a desperate counteroffensive for the survival of the human race.

The formula is that of a survival-based third-person shooter in which, alone or in co-op with two other players, we will have to face hordes of monsters and venture out within ever-changing planets, generated through a procedural system, using a large arsenal and special abilities to complete the mission.


Farpoint, a combat sequence. Released in 2017 and originally sold as a bundle with the Aim Controller, Farpoint is a virtual reality shooter for PlayStation VR that throws us into a sci-fi scenario, in command of a space pilot who finds himself lost on an alien planet and must defend himself. from the dangerous creatures that dwell there.

The VR context makes an experience pleasant and interesting that actually suffers from several simplifications, from the excessively linear structure to the basic artificial intelligence for the enemies, while the management of the aim with the various weapons add a hint of depth and contribute to engagement.

March 2021 arrivals and departures

No longer available on PlayStation Plus from March 2nd

Control Ultimate Edition - PS5 and PS4

Concrete Genie - PS4

Available on PlayStation Plus from March 2nd

Final Fantasy VII Remake - PS4

Maquette - PS5

Remnant: From the Ashes - PS4

Farpoint - PS4

Powered by Blogger.